Driver Cook Bassett Winter Shelter
Company: Volunteers of America - Greater Los Angeles
Location: La Puente
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Helping Our Most Vulnerable Change Their Life Stories
Volunteers of America is a non-profit human services
organization committed to serving people in need, strengthening
families, and building communities. VOALA provides a variety of
social services to Los Angeles area communities such as Head Start
programs, Upward Bound college prep programs, veterans' services,
homeless shelters, low-income housing program as well as drug and
alcohol rehabilitation. Learn more at www.voala.org.
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Driver/Cook shall prepare and package meals for delivery to
the designated program sites. When not delivering meals, the
Driver/Cook shall assist in food preparation as needed for on-site
meals, assist in kitchen sanitation, and perform inventory
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check,
including criminal history, personal references, employment and
- California Food Handler certification. (Must obtain within 90
days of hire)
- California Driver's license in good standing, good driving
record and insurance in force.
- Six Months experience as a food service worker, in catering or
food preparation, and
- Six Months experience as a delivery driver
- Knowledgeable of the State of California health code policies
- Knowledge of proper safe food preparation
- Knowledge of CA driving laws.
- Basic Microsoft Office suite: Word, Outlook, Excel,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state,
and local standards, with or without reasonable accommodation,
including meeting qualitative and quantitative productivity
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must be able to work effectively with a minimum amount of
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift a
minimum of 25lbs on a regular basis and up to 50lbs as
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Certifications in public health, Nutrition, Food safety, or
- Work experience in food industry.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or other language
- Knowledge of nutritional practices and principles
Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including
sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify as required by the
federal government and will provide the federal government with
your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to
work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this
employer is required to give you written instructions and an
opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or
Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve
the issue before the employer can take any action against you,
including terminating your employment.
Keywords: Volunteers of America - Greater Los Angeles, Rialto , Driver Cook Bassett Winter Shelter, Other , La Puente, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!